Terms & Conditions
- CRUISING SPEED. The Boat will operate at the stated Cruising Speed, be the trip a fishing or a recreational one, see the brochure description corresponding to the boat. When the client demands to speed up, the boat can perform and it is permitted; it will apply a charge for the additional fuel consumption cost, generated by the hour or fraction of hour of the time the boat cruised at this higher speed.
- PAYMENT: The Boat Trip Reservations will not be Valid if the Booking Confirmation deposit is not paid in full. Likewise, the balance due for the trip must be fully paid before departure, otherwise the trip will be canceled and no refund will be issued.
- CANCELLATIONS & AVAILABILITY HOLD:
a. CASE 1: Paid and Confirmed Booking within 10 days of the charter date. There will NOT be a Penalty if cancellation is issued with a 72 hrs notice. Cancellation with less than 72 hrs notice will apply up to 50% of the Total Charter Cost and cancellation with less than 24 hrs notice or “No Show” will imply a no refund.
b. CASE 2: Paid and Confirmed Booking between 10 to 30 Days before the charter date. There will NOT be a Penalty if the cancellation notice is up to 10 days prior to the charter date, Otherwise the Booking Confirmation Deposit will not be refunded.
c. CASE 3: Paid and Confirmed Booking between 30 Days to 6 Months Before the charter date. There will NOT be a Penalty if the cancellation notice is up to 30 days prior to the charter date, otherwise, a Penalty of 20% off the Total Charter Cost will be charged due to the Boat’s Availability Hold.
d. Holiday & Selected Dates: There will be no refunds for cancellations during long weekends, special holidays, Easter week, and, from December 22nd through January 7th.
e. If the reason which generated the Cancellation is Extraordinary or Extreme, a reason why Yachts Vallarta may require evidence and/or written support, this will be resolved by all parties involved (Client / Agent / Yachts Vallarta) in mutual agreement in the knowledge that there could be no refundable amounts due to expenses incurred and made in delivering the service. When the reason for Cancellation is Justified, it will First proceed to reschedule the charter within the coming days available, Secondly, a Charter Certificate can be issued good for one year, which will allow the client to not overpay if the price changes and still plan better a future date that adjusts more conveniently. Cancellations due to Covid reasons will be analyzed individually as they come in, considering the CASES mentioned before and the actual Health Protocols and restrictions in this matter.
- LATE DEPARTURES: Boat charter time counts upon scheduled departure, whether the passengers are yet onboard or not. If there is a late departure due to a delay of one or
several passengers, the trip will be completed according to the remaining time of the charter.
- WEATHER: The boat goes out no matter the weather, rain or shine, UNLESS the Port or Sea Navigation is closed or restricted; if navigation is allowed within the bay, the route plan and destinations will be shortened or adjusted to match a charter, and a refund will be issued for the difference paid if applicable. Rain does not constitute grounds for cancellation or rescheduling in most scenarios. If the Port is Closed or Sea Navigation is restricted due to an extreme weather condition such as a hurricane, lightning storm, or tornado when it is a danger to be in the water, Yachts Vallarta reserves the right to reschedule the charter with no additional charge or penalty.
- REFUNDS & RESCHEDULES: The Captain has the final decision in determining if a charter must be rescheduled or canceled due to the conditions mentioned before, and a full or partial refund may apply according to each circumstance.
- There will be no refunds due to Sea sickness at any time of the trip; once the vessel has returned to Port, any further departure on the same day is considered an independent charter
- LIABILITY ABOARD: Clients accept liability for damages or loss of equipment due to negligence and, if applicable, an open credit card voucher or secure deposit will be required when signing a service contract. Yachts Vallarta is responsible for the security and safe transportation of its passengers and offers Full Coverage Passengers Liability Insurance for every operated charter. Passengers must strictly follow the Captain’s orders and crew instructions to participate in a safe trip.
- CHILDREN LIABILITY: Children aboard are supervised by crew members most of the time, nevertheless they travel under the responsibility and strong supervision of their Parents on board, in the sea and on land; therefore Yachts Vallarta accepts no liability on this matter.
- EXTRA HOURS: Additional hours can be requested to your Ship’s captain or crew during the Trip and the Vessel is returning to the Harbor. In order to provide the best Service and Trip itinerary on every charter. We highly recommend you inform us through your Concierge or Travel Agent Prior to Your Trip Date / Boarding. The Cost for the Additional Hours may vary according to each Vessel, whether fishing, sailing boat or yacht and the state of the Trip in the Itinerary (Anchored or Cruising). We suggest asking this ahead of time to be informed.
- ALCOHOL & BEHAVIOR: The Ship’s Captain has the authority to cancel the trip if any passenger’s behavior jeopardizing the integrity of the vessel or its occupants by means of improper or incoherent actions contrary to the service the ship has been chartered for, there will be no refund and, if applicable, the Captain may have the obligation to notify the Harbor Master if, during the trip, illegal activity is being undergone by any passenger.
- DRUGS & WEAPONS: It is the policy of Yachts Vallarta to prohibit the possession and/or use of drugs and weapons onboard any of our vessels. Any possession or use of drugs and/or weapons by our passengers during the trip will result in the immediate return at the client’s expense and authorities will be notified.
- SHIP CABINS. Both, Bathrooms and ship cabins are NON-SMOKING PLACES. During the trip, their use is prohibited for illegal activities such as Use of drugs and/or weapons, sex with minors, and improper manners not specified within this agreement which, in general, may totally or partially damage the reputation of Yachts Vallarta, or, the current boat state: furniture, decorative items, upholstery, electronic devices, carpets, mirrors or props aboard. The cost of missing items and/or repairing damaged ones will be at the client’s expense.
- PETS. Pets are not allowed aboard most of our vessels; please ask your concierge or travel agent prior to making a booking.
- FISHING TRIPS. Time Departure during the rainy season (May through Oct) is subject to sea visibility at dawn, sunrise time, distance to pick up spot and the requested fishing trip (4, 6, 8hrs,…). This is due to the high-risk existing of boat damage if hitting unseen floating objects, or dragged down by rivers to the sea during heavy or continuous rains, which cause most of the last minute boat failures and accidents reported, turning into boat no-shows, big delays and/or constant reschedules when applicable. Clients and travel agents, as well as concierges, should have in mind that communication between us is a must during the early hours of the day, otherwise, the client must be provided with the phone number of our operative staff in charge of dispatching their trip or vice versa. Our reservation’s agent will inform the best departing time for your trip in each case.